Ganked from rae00. List 10 anime/videogame characters you find attractive, then tag 5 other people.
SHALLOW TIME. 8D
1. Hei - Darker than BLACK - I filled this out months ago but I had to go back and rework the list to fit him in at the top. He's pretty self-explanatory, I do believe. Yes. Absolutely smoking in both the manga and anime, though I swear, the fangirl collarbone thing in the anime has scarred me for life. D8
2. Athrun Zala – Gundam SEED/DESTINY; because hot damn. 8D Uhm, yeah, everything. Looks, personality, abilities…everything…etc. Etc, etc, etc.
3. Hyuuga Natsume – Gakuen Alice; because…again, hot damn. It’s something with that whole dark, glaring thing, I guess. Plus being a firestarter and all that. XD Only thing is, he sort of makes me feel like a pedo (I swear to god he can’t be that young D:)…but uhm, not as much as he does for some people (right, Dex? 8D)
4. Haine Rammsteiner – DOGS; yeah, what can I say. Must be the hair and the attitude 8D
5. Koizumi Itsuki – Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi; he looks good, he’s an incredibly deep character, and I’m still getting into his head. I love this guy, I really do, and I wish more people did as well but what do you know. (And mmm the band pics.)
6. Soren – Fire Emblem 9/10 (Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn); he looks better in FE10, actually, probably because he looks a bit older. But yes, angsty sage guy, what more do you want? And damn, his storyline. At least the writers gave him a lot of attention.
7. Hitsugaya Toshirou – Bleach; he’d make me feel like more of a pedo but hey at least he’s officially very, very old?
8. Allen Walker – D.Gray-Man; and this confirms my theory that somehow I have something for young guys with either white/silver hair or red eyes. Which I don’t get either 8D
9. Klavier Gavin / Garyuu Kyouya – Apollo Justice; yeah, the first time I saw him, I sort of went *__*. Good to know he has depth, too. And his interaction with Ema ftw OTP yay, erm yes.
10. Dark Mousy – D.N.Angel; and really, I don’t have to explain this one. Right? Right.
And yeah, I’d mention Ritsuka also, but yeah, who knew that 10 slots wouldn’t be enough. D: Oh, and younger!Edgeworth needs a mention, because that image of him is really nice. 8D
Ganked from that_september. A lot of times you think things about yourself that other people don't notice or don't bother about. Write down 5 Good Things and 5 Bad Things of how you think you affect other people and what your character is like in your opinion. Let the others tell you if that's really what they think you are from their point of view.
1. I’m cynical.
…No, that is a good thing, goddamnit. D: Uhm, but yes. Realistic, one might say. I’m practically the anchor for my lunch table so they don’t float off into space, anyway.
2. I’m trustworthy. I don’t give away secrets. Which is a good thing, considering that so many people seem to come to me with their darkest ones. What is this. D:
3. People seem to be drawn towards me. Which I find to be scary, but. I mean, coming here, I was…really disliked at first. Really disliked. And then people started to know me, and now they think I’m all brilliant and funny and unique and whatever. Which, again, is scary and makes no sense, but. And then teachers. Even if I don’t like one, they always end up liking me. Or if we start off on really bad footing, they’ll still end up really liking me. It’s bizarre.
4. I can work miracles with last-second cramming. Apparently, or something. I still think it’s luck. How I have such luck when I’m a really unlucky person…anyway, moving onnnnn.
5. I self-sacrifice. Which is good for everyone else involved.
1. I’m depressed and depressing. I’m never happy, and I always bring down other people as well.
2. I’m not an emotional person, but I can get flared up very easily. It’s not healthy. I’ve tried to keep it toned down, but yeah, I don’t know, nothing works. I can be pretty dangerous when I’m angry, and then I always regret it later. I’m worried that it’ll cause something too big one day.
3. I have anxiety issues. Major anxiety issues. I’m indecisive as hell – you guys have seen me wavering before – and it doesn’t help that I always regret whichever thing I’ve ended up doing anyway. I probably have some sort of “doesn’t like social situations”-esque disorder. According to other people, I’m probably the most insecure/lacking in self-confidence person that they’ve ever met.
4. Speaking of social-esque, I don’t like people. I don’t trust people. I can count on two hands the number of people I’d call good friends, if not less than that. I don’t like getting close to people. It doesn’t really matter who it is, I just can’t trust all that easily.
5. I like to run away from problems, especially if they have to do with people. Unless I’m mad, but that’s a different story. The newspaper, problems with teachers, problems at home, messy online situations – I can pull a real good disappearing act. Escapism as well.
Let’s throw in a 6 for good measure: I think about things too much.
And another one from that_september:
Q. What is your wallpaper on your computer?
A Suzumiya Haruhi wallpaper that Rae sent me, because though I put up a Klavier wallpaper, its composition was awful and I decided to swap it for anything. Will look for another one
Q. How many televisions you have in your house?
Three. But we have at least five computers/laptops. 8D
Q. Are you right-handed or left-handed?
Right-handed, used to be ambidextrous.
Q. Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
In elementary school, they surgically removed this one mole or something because they thought it was cancerous. Huh, forgot about that until now.
Q. What is the last heavy item you lifted?
My backpack and laptop bag, Friday evening.
Q. Have you ever been knocked out?
Hmmmm. Don’t think so.
Q. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
Knowing me, that’d be a bad idea, so let’s pass.
Q. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I hate my name, but for the life of me I can’t think of anything else I’d willingly use. It kind of sucks. Kairos isn’t bad, I guess.
Q. What color do you think looks best on you?
Black, probably, with some aquamarine.
Q. Have you ever swallowed a non-food item?
...Almost swallowed a bug once. A live one. Urrrrrrgh.
Q. Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100?
Sure, why not.
Q. Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000?
No thanks, I value my limbs; you can’t exactly replace those.
Q. Would you never blog again for $50,000?
Nah, and probably not for any amount of money. Simply because I’m lazy.
Q. Would you pose naked in a magazine for $250,000?
Nope, that’s unnecessary attention that I do not want.
Q. Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
I don’t think I could, actually. And I think that it’d be really bad for my health in particular.
Q. Would you, without fear of punishment, take a human life for $1,000,000?
I’d say no, but I’d wonder. I’d say yes, except that I don’t think I’d ever be able to live with myself. So I guess not.
Q: What is in your left pocket?
Pants-wise, nothing. Jacket-wise...oh, everything’s in my right pocket, my bad.
Q: Is Napoleon Dynamite actually a good movie?
No. God no. And I’ll never watch it all.
Q: Do you have hardwood or carpet in your house?
I think it’s all hardwood, actually, except the third floor, aka my parents’ bedroom and not the landing outside or the bathroom.
Q: Do you sit or stand in the shower?
Now who the hell sits in one?
Q: How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
Q: Last person who texted you?
Q: Last person who called you?
Rika and Vuyo simultaneously on home phone and cell phone. That was...interesting.
Q: Person you hugged?
Good question. No idea. Probably Rika. Last person who hugged me was………………………………oh god, that would have to be James, after he basically jumped me that day when he was hugging all the theater students I’ll murder himmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Blue of the aqueous varieties, black, silver, gold.
Q: Missing someone?
Sure, why not.
Not particularly happy. Tired whyyyyy.
Q: Listening to?
Michelle Branch, atm.
The white of my wall.
Q: Worrying about?
IB exams start in about nine days. (yeah, so I originally filled this out...a long time ago 8D)
Brown pants, dark blue shirt, light blue jacket that’s going to be traded for a black dress shirt in a few minutes.
Q: First place you went this morning?
Climbed down to turn off the alarm clock, climbed back up to play game boy on my bed.
Q: What can you not wait to do?
Probably die. Yeah, probably. I’m really not looking forward to anything, not even graduating.
Q: Do you smile often?
Ahaha, you’re funny.
Q: Are you a friendly person?
Ganked from that_september, and probably my favorite of the lot: These lyrics describe...
the one who survives by making the lives of others worthwhile
she's falling apart right before my eyes
the one who depends on the services she renders to those who come knocking
she’s seeing too clearly what she can’t see
what understanding defies
and yet I need not to need
I’ve always been the tower
- The Tower – Vienna Teng
she’s so cold and human
it’s something humans do
she stays so golden solo, she’s so number nine
and is she really human
she’s just so something new
- Lithium Flower – Ghost in the Shell SAC ED1
Your relationship with your mom:
she says it’s cold outside and she hands me a raincoat
she’s always worried about things like that
she says that it’s all gonna end and it might as well be my fault
- 3am – Matchbox Twenty
Ophelia was a demigoddess
in prewar Babylon
so statuesque a silhouette
in black satin evening gowns
Ophelia was a cyclone, tempest
a goddamned hurricane
- Ophelia – Natalie Merchant
Your relationship with your dad:
look at earth from outer space
everyone must find their place
give me real don’t give me fake
give me strength, reserve, control
give me heart and give me soul
give me time, give us a kiss
tell me of your politik
and open up your eyes
- Politik - Coldplay
Your relationship with your best friend:
don’t you think it’s ‘bout time
please won’t you call and ease my mind
reasons for me to find you
I wanna know you still care
- Call Me Call Me – Cowboy Bebop OST – Yoko Kanno/The Seatbelts
look at us we’re beautiful
all the people push and pull
but they’ll never get inside
we’ve got too much to hide
- Beautiful – Moby
truth is a whisper and only a choice
nobody hears above this noise
always a risk when you try and believe
I know there’s so much more than me
will you ever find some peace
before you’re gone
- Truth is a Whisper – The Goo Goo Dolls
A past relationship: (eh, not really relationship)
still in love with all your sins
where you stop and I begin
and I’ll be waiting
no I can’t believe it’s coming true
- Big Machine – The Goo Goo Dolls
and we wake up in the breakdown
of the things we never thought we could be
and I’m not holding on
- Here is Gone – The Goo Goo Dolls
Your current relationship: (again, not a relationship)
you called me strong you called me weak
but still your secrets I will keep
you took for granted all the times I’d never let you down
- Kryptonite – 3 Doors Down
yeah we walk through the door
so accusing their eyes
like they have any right at all to criticize
hypocrites, you’re all here for the very same reason
there’s a light at the end of this tunnel, you shout
‘cause you’re just as far in as you’ll ever be out
and these mistakes you make, you’ll just make them again
if you only try turning around
- Breathe (2am) – Anna Nalick
A traumatic event in your life:
I’ve come to find I may never know
your changing mind, is it friend or foe
I rise above or sink below
every time you come and go
please don’t come and go
I don’t suppose it’s worth the price, it’s worth the price
the price that I would pay
- Barely Breathing – Duncan Sheik
How you live:
this is 10% luck, 20% skill
15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure, 50% pain
and 100% reason to remember the name
- Remember The Name – Fort Minor
sleep has left me alone
to carry the weight of unraveling where we went wrong
it’s all I can do to hang on
to keep me from falling into old familiar shoes
how stupid could I be
a simpleton could see
that you’re no good for me
but you’re the only one I see
- Stupid – Sarah McLachlan
this is the scent of dead skin on the linoleum floor
this is the scent of quarantine wings in a hospital
it’s not so pleasant and it’s not so conventional
it sure as hell ain’t normal but we deal, we deal
the anesthetic never set in and I’m wondering when
the apathy and urgency is that I thought I phoned in
can’t take the kid from the fight, take the fight from the kid
sit back, relax, sit back, relapse again
the IV and your hospital bed
this was no accident
this was a therapeutic chain of events
- Camisado – Panic! At The Disco
Your attitude towards life:
declare this an emergency
come on and spread a sense of urgency
and pull us through
it’s time we saw a miracle
come on it’s time for something biblical
to pull us through
and pull us through
- Apocalypse Please – Muse
happiness is just a word to me
and it might’ve meant a thing or two
if I’d have known the difference
emptiness a lonely parody
and my life another smoking gun
another sign of my indifference
- Gotta Knock a Little Harder – Mai Yamane / Cowboy Bebop Movie OST
I'm pretty sure this one was from starswing: FANFICTION WRITERS MEME
How about a brief introduction for yourself?
…I’m DS, I hope you guys know me, blah blah? 8D Nah, yeah, pretty much. Uhm…yeah, I’m what you’d call a drive-by shooting for each fandom, because I tend to write once and only once per fandom. Notable exceptions being Suzumiya Haruhi and Fire Emblem 9/10. I guess I wrote twice for Ouran too, but that was a fluke.
Fabulous! And what got you into fanfiction to begin with?
Ahahahaaaaaa. Er. After our move to China in 8th grade fell apart and I was devastated (I know, it’s…so bizarre), I latched onto anime. All the popular series on Adult Swim, really. And then I found sites that had this wonderful thing called fanfiction and of course I had to try…and that was bad, yes, but I’d like to think I’ve gotten better.
I see, so what kind of fanfiction do you like to write?
When I first started I wrote these multichapter plotty things where I didn’t exactly, er, plan my stories, but I sort of wrote and yeah. Now I can’t make up plot to save my life and I just write character introspection oneshots. With my trippy writing effects comprised of italics, parenthesis, and a general lack of good punctuation in general. The stream of consciousness effect, I guess.
Do you find writing easy? Hard? What are the most difficult aspects of writing you struggle with?
I have to be in the right mood. But…I mean, that Gunslinger Girl fic took months. Mostly because I wrote a bit in one week, didn’t touch it for months or only added a sentence here and there, hit a horrible burst of emo and then wrote 65% of it in several days. Yeah, no, writing is challenging for me most of the time. 31_days deadlines make me write faster, though.
Write a few sentences or so of your favorite pairing or character.
Mmmmmmmn I’ll pass on this one. 8D
Are there any fanfiction clichés or trends you're sick of or just can't stand?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I’d say slash with no basis but a lot of people would smite me. D: Uhm, I guess Mary Sues, OC pairings, those extravagantly overdone “eyes with the light of a thousand moons” and “roseate pink hair” writing styles…yeah. And insta-romance.
Are you guilty of any fanfiction clichés you hate? Or any other ones?
I don’t…think so? My writing’s atypical to the point of being too typical in its atypicality, if you know what I mean.
What was the first fandom you wrote for, and do you still like/participate in it?
Oh, god. Inuyasha. Let’s…forget about that. No I do not.
Name your OTPs or most frequently written pairings/characters and explain what it is about them that you love to write.
…Hm. Considering that I’m the drive-by shooting…well, I’m stuck on Kyon/Haruhi and Itsuki/Haruhi. Kyon/Haruhi is…a given, because who doesn’t like them
The other pairing that I seem to have written the most about is Ike/Elincia, because the FE9 and 10 oneshots are turning into a trilogy centering around them. Oddness. But yeah, if you haven't noticed, my OTPs tend to...erm, change. 8D
What would you call your writing “style”?
…………oh lord. Uhm. It’s…unique. It really is unique. It uses as many parentheses, italics, dividers, and dashes as possible. Tries to avoid punctuation too. I don’t knowwwwwwwwww. It’s getting a little old, but I can’t seem to write any other way. D: D: D: Uhm, otherwise, I focus on characters and introspection in an atypical introspective way, I suppose.
Do you read other people’s fanfic? If so, what do you find yourself reading the most?
Of course I do D8 Uhm…random stuff. Gen and het, almost never slash, though one of my favorite fics is in fact yaoi. I’m really picky; most intro sentences or synopses tend to lose me – 85% of them. Out of the remaining 15%, 95% disappoint.
Name one thing you’d LOVE to write, but have been too afraid or shy to do.
Can’t think of anything. One of those good fucked up bitter sex stories, mostly because I can’t more than fear or shyness.
Do you have trouble taking criticism? Or worse yet, do you have the dreaded bloated ego?
Ahaha……I’ll admit it, I do. I tend to believe that the ‘criticism’ makes no sense or has no basis. (i.e. “Don’t abuse the parentheses. That’s not what they’re there for.) I’m arrogant, yes. I have an ego, yes. I fail at life, yes.
When you write, is there anything that helps? Music? Quiet room?
I usually am very depressed or have just finished a series. Music, yes. It’s a necessity.
What inspires you?
Finishing a series, liking a character, depression (lol see I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT I GUESS - where would my muse go? D:), 31_days prompts.
Lastly, how would you sum up your fanfiction experiences and yourself as a writer?
Kids, don’t do what I do! 8D
Tag some friends because they’ll hate you for it.
Nah, it’s okay, no one reads this thing or would do this meme anyway 8D *pokes Dex and Rae and Alex really hard anyway*
Another one from starswing: Ten pairings (or friendships), a description of under ten words, your job is to guess.
I just have to say, for someone as verbose as me, THIS WAS HARD. And now they’re all vague, have fun :D Oh, and…yeah, more than 10, because I wanted to fit more pairings in there D: All anime, games, and TV. ...And feel free to ask for hints because looking at this list...it's kinda hard. O_o
1. Why pairing hints if it will never happen in canonnnnnn D: (Okay, this could apply to…many, but we’ll see. Throw them at me 8D) - Conan/Ai; Detective Conan - rae00
Bonus, because I don’t think anyone even knows this one:
...Wasn't that all fun